Friday, July 29, 2011

Dark Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream Filling, and Mocha Espresso SMB Icing






I made this cake mainly because my husband has been watching a bunch of treats created and go right out the door, so this one was made with love for him and the boys to enjoy.

This dark chocolate cake recipe is so delicious and moist, it truly is amazing and SIMPLE and is my go-to chocolate cake recipe from now on. The mocha espresso SMB was adapted from a recipe on the Sweetapolita blog, and it's pretty darn good. The hints of coffee and cinnamon give this buttercream a very tasty and elegant touch.

I also wanted to use this cake as a way to experiement with the petal effect in my buttercream, which I learned from a video tutorial on http://www.mycakeschool.com/. This is a very simple but beautiful way to decorate a cake! I'm glad it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment