Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November Cake Project

Whenever possible I like to participate in the Miso Bakes monthly cake challenge. Miso made my heart happy this month when she chose the Wilton #233 grass piping tip for the challenge....I love this tip. I'd say it is definitely in my top 3 of favorite piping tips to play with!

The cake is supposed to be red and/or orange. I chose a dark and bright shade of each. For some odd reason, as time went on today, and possibly also the crummy weather and lighting in the Puget Sound this time of year and especially today, my cake now looks purple, pink and orange. Hmm. Well nevermind that small detail!

I am supposed to bake a birthday cake for my wonderful cousin Cody who is coming to visit me tomorrow...for Thanksgiving and his birthday of course...and because I have been out of town and busy baking for my son's birthday, well Cody gets to inherit this cake as his birthday surprise. Haha, sorry Cody! But I promise it tastes wonderful!! :D

So, let's have a look, shall we?!

Okay, so far so good...


Wait, what the HECK is going on?! Is it an anemone? A koosh ball? Shag carpet??????


Haha, it does sort of maybe resemble a furry monster. Like Animal from the Muppets!!! :D


I can't help it though, I just LOVE this cake!!!


We'll see how well it stacks up compared to the rest of the challengers. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment