Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Birthday Cupcake Cake Pops

One of my co-workers recently celebrated a birthday and she requested cake pops. I know she loves red velvet, so these are an extra dark chocolatey red velvet cake with cream cheese buttercream. They are pretty darn tasty! My husband, Justin, is officially addicted to them as well! I guess this means I will be making Christmas cake pops too! :D

A few of the cake pops were a traditional round shape with sprinkles, but most were shaped like mini-cupcakes. They were shaped, dipped in chocolate candy melts first, then dipped in pink candy melts to form the "frosting." They were then topped with sprinkles and a red Skittle.

This is not an original idea of mine. The idea came from a Bakerella book. I personally think they're adorable, just like the rest of her work!

 

I then made a cake pop bouquet for my co-worker. But simple isn't usually my style....

 

...So the bouquet includes mini-cupcakes as well!

 

The mini cupcakes are the ones featured in a separate blog post. They are the same flavor as the cake pops, except with actual Cream Cheese Swiss Meringue Buttercream. Yum!

 

I like the one with the chocolate sprinkles...

 

Okay, the one with the purple sprinkles too...

 

And to be honest, the chocolate one with the bright pink sprinkles!

 

I think the birthday girl packed these up and took them home to Montana with her for Christmas!!

 

Of course she did. Who doesn't love a cake pop?! :D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment