Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Cake Pops

It's finally here, time to make Christmas treats!! I volunteered to make cupcakes for my museum's annual volunteer Christmas appreciation event this past week. Naturally...why wouldn't I volunteer to make cupcakes, selfishly giving myself the chance to make some fun, festive, holiday goodies?! Anyway.....I started off with the idea to make cake pops. Then I thought that wasn't sufficient enough so I decided to make the cake pops and turn them into....dun dun dun....cupcake toppers!!!

I am adding the cake pops as their own separate blog entry first just because they turned out really well and deserve some of their own recognition. And in the middle of the night when I was slightly tired and loopy I decided to have a cake pop photo shoot. The photos make me laugh...so I'd like to share.

First we have....FROSTY THE SNOWMAN. I think this was my favorite cake pop. AND I just had to add the two photos I took because the way he's "lovingly" looking at Santa is just too funny. Again, yes I was very tired!


"Hello, Santa..."


Next is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Or at very best Rudolph's cousin....or son maybe?? Either way, cute and delicious!


Next is the Christmas tree cake pop. I loved these. I decorated them with sprinkles, so there were three different types in all. However I likes the ones with the shiny sugar pearls.


Oh and there's Santa again, with the Christmas flower cake pop. Clearly, cookies are out this year and cake pops are IN!!


The next post will feature the cake pops as cupcake toppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment