Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Cupcakes topped with Cake Pops

I explained in the previous post that I made these cupcakes for my annual volunteer appreciation Christmas event. I wanted to make both cake pops and cupcakes, so I made Christmas cake pops and turned them into toppers for these delicious dark chocolate and peppermint cupcakes!

The buttercream is a peppermint SMB, and I topped it with white sanding sugar and gold disco dust. I really and truly LOVE disco dust, as I have mentioned many times before! :D


Overall I think they turned out well and the cake pops were a unique and adorable way to decorate the cupcakes. 


Frosty's hat was made with Rolo's and pieces pf Reece's peanut buttercups. His pipe was made with fondant and spaghetti noodles. This cake pop was a little top heavy for some of the cupcakes though, but overall it worked out just fine.


Rudolph's antlers are obviously pretzels, and no other special materials were used to make him except a fondant nose. You could use an M&M or jelly bean for his nose too. 


The flower cake pop is made with a fondant flower that's topped with white sanding sugar, and green candy melt swirls.


The Christmas tree cake pops were shaped by hand, and after being dipped they were topped with either Christmas sprinkles or sugar pearls. I think these turned out so cute!


Almost too cute to eat...


Happy holidays! More Christmas treats to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment