Monday, September 5, 2011

Cake Pops!

This weekend I kind of maybe perhaps made a last minute decision that I also needed to try making cake pops. They'd just take like five extra minutes, right?! ;)  My dear friend Charisse keeps asking me when I'm going to try them. I showed my kids photos of cake pops and of course they encouraged me to make them...."Yes mommy those look so cool!" And I was already baking, so why not?!

So off I went! It's not my style to be simple...I went all out. Owls, zebras, lions, monkeys, giraffes, tigers! Oh my!






I was having a bad buttercream day and I was running a little short for a cake that also needed to be iced. I should have added more frosting into my mixture for the cake pops to hold them together better, although they did stick pretty well. I just got stingy with the cake pops and promise never to do that again! They taste wonderful, I just couldn't roll them as round as I wanted to. No worries, they still turned out cute and next time I'll get it right! It also helps that I was making highly decorated animals and not just your typical plain cake pop. That hides some of the flaws. Ah the tricks you use in the cake-making world! :D




I mean.....how can you go wrong with cake pops?! Easy to make, inexpensive, always fun and festive...and they make adorable little boys named Zachie so very happy!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment