Monday, September 26, 2011

Miso Bakes September Cake Project

I posted about the orange monstrosity several weeks back. This is part 2...the new and MUCH improved version!

This cake is for the Miso Bakes September Cake Project. I picked the piping tip this month, which is a Wilton #81 petal tip, the color, orange. Thanks to Miso for making the rules for this month's challenge much easier than mine originally were....because this cake actually did turn out as good as I was hoping it would!


This cake is colored in an ombre style, with color gradients going up the cake starting with dark orange at the bottom going to light at the top.

I went with a simple striped design for this cake. Simple often is better.


I piped flowers on the top, which is actually what this tip is for. Again simple, and very elegant.

Here is a top view so you can see how stunning these flowers look. I made the same flowers with this tip for my cupcake bouquet back in July as well.

And there you have it. This is actually a cookies and cream cake topped with mint SMB...although it's orange, it still tastes like a mint Oreo cake. :D

I will post the link to Miso's blog once she posts the September entries for the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment