Monday, September 5, 2011

The Orange Monstrosity

I woke up yesterday morning and thought "I NEED TO MAKE A CAKE!" Something nagging me in the back of my mind kept saying that I need to hold off on making my September cake challenge cake....but no. I couldn't stand it! So I made it!! I used the Wilton tip #81, which is a flower tip petal. And the cake had to be orange. Miso selected me to choose this month's challenge. Silly me, as I was decorating this cake yesterday, even I scolded myself for making the challenge too difficult!! But I pressed on. And I shook my head the entire time. Haha!

Really for an abstract piece it's not bad. In the world of beautifully decadent and decorated cakes though, this thing makes me squirm. I honestly don't event want to eat it. Silly, I know. Because it tastes SO GOOD! But really, I can't quite figure out what's going on except it smelled wonderfully lemony the entire time I piped my buttercream. Other than that...eek!

So then I noticed today that Miso changed the challenge rules on me. You aren't limited to two shades of orange anymore. And, OH MY GOSH, you are allowed to pipe flowers with the petal tip! If you haven't seen my cupcake bouquet you need to look at it...this is what you can do with the tip #81! I secretly cursed myself for jumping the cake gun and also simultaneously thanked Miso for the chance to beef up my September cake. I can rock this one! And I know exactly how I want to decorate this one! Yey!




So here is what the first attempt looked like. Stay tuned for the real orange September challenge cake!! :D Looks like two new cakes will be coming next weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment