Sunday, October 2, 2011

Halloween Cake and Cupcakes...Week 1

Happy October everyone!

Halloween is my favorite holiday, as many of my close friends know. So to start the season off right I've kicked off my four weeks of Halloween cake and cupcake fun!! (Yes, my house is already also decorated.) :D

To start off, I made a very simple Halloween cake. Why so simple? Well because I have plans for one or two even bigger ones this month. I'm saving up for the good stuff to come later!

This is the same flower tip I used to make the September project cake, however a bigger size. This tip doesn't work as well as the #81, for anyone who is interested in trying this technique later. This particular tip made the buttercream too heavy and floppier. Although still cute! The cake is topped with white candy melts (the "Boo" and the ghost).


The cake and cupcakes are vanilla cake with lemon filling and lemon Swiss meringue buttercream.

Hello cute little Halloween cupcakes!

The witches hat and black cat are fondant. The rest are candy melts.


I'm really liking the purple buttercream color.

 
I'm also liking the spider web and spider!!


My sons are huge fans of the skeletons...I thought they were pretty adorable too.


These are just some simple piped pumpkins, nothing fancy.


I LOVE the witch's hat. Next time I want to make a 3D witch!


The ghost says "BOO!"

 
These took just minutes to decorate. I am ready for Halloween, chapter 2. Any ideas or suggestions?? (Don't bother with the Haunted House idea, that is coming Halloween weekend!) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment