Tuesday, August 30, 2011

There once was a cake-eating doggie-saurus....

Well....the quilling cake turned out beautifully! I really have no proof of this because I wasn't able to take any final photos before the once-beautiful "Aloha" cake had an encounter with mischiveous Annie, our Golden Retriever. Let me start out by saying, THAT'S OKAY...I now have an excuse to make another quilling cake with step by step photos of how to quill fondant! :D And I will also share the disaster right off the bat.....


After sobbing for about 5 minutes, mainly because I lost the opportunity for some good photos, I decided I could still savage this blog post. I will fight disaster with humor!!! :D

However, had the disaster (it's still edible though!!) not happened, it may have looked more like this...


Except, it probably would have actually said "Aloha" on the top instead of "Oha"...

Really, it did....


At least the turtle is adorable, and the edible candy seashells are tasty....

I would know, I ate a few while staring at the gaping cake wound in horror! :D (The seashells are made with vanilla candy melts, by the way, and after molded and hardened, they were hand-painted with petal and luster dusts)....

I am pretty happy with the colorful flowers too! Notice that one is made with loose scrolls, and the other with tight ones?




Now on to the next cake adventure!! :D As in...finishing the Ten Little Ladybugs cake!!!



3 comments:

  1. Fantastic job. They will love it. Can you share where you get some of your cake recipes from? You are inspiring! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D My cake recipes come from all over! I look for some depending on what I want to make and just try them out. However, my favorite site (and my cake-baking idol) is Rosie, who has the Sweetapolita site. I love her recipes, and I use and adapt a lot of her recipes. My cinnamon mocha buttercream is an adaptation of her Vanilla Bean Espresso buttercream recipe. Also, Martha Stewart has great recipes...and just a number of the cake blogs I follow. You can look some of them up on my Facebook page or just ask me if there is eve something you want to bake!! :D

    ReplyDelete