Monday, January 2, 2012

Ballerina Cupcakes

I love making adorable cupcake toppers. Especially for kids! Even my boys liked these quite a bit (although my oldest son announced that they were pretty, but he doesn't like girls' toys or dolls so I should never make these for him!)

These cupcakes were for a big girl, who turned 5, who loves ballerinas and purple and pink galore!

Which is right up my alley!

I began by making some ballet slippers.


The slippers were all hand-made, with mini hand-made flowers and bows for toppers.



The 5's were made so the big girl could show off how old she is.


What ballerina in the making doesn't love flowers?? Well, I love flowers so I assumed she would as well. :D


I like the bright pink ones with the purple disco dust, personally!


 Then came the ballerina. I only made one of these...she was for the birthday girl. She is sitting on a lollipop stick for stability and wearing a pink tutu. She's about 2" tall, the perfect size for a cupcake!


 And of course, every ballerina needs tutus! These were also supported with lollipop sticks and are about 2" tall.

Some in pink...

Some in purple....

All complete with glitter!!



Ta-da!!!

I hope I get to make more ballerina cupcakes, these were a ton of fun! I'm so glad the birthday girl liked them!

1 comment: