Friday, January 20, 2012

Even Mermaids Love Starbucks Coffee!

In case you ever wondered....much of the world loves Starbucks coffee. I know I love it...what's not to love?!?! So it's only natural that mermaids would love it too. Never leave your cup of Starbucks happiness unattended. Just a suggestion.

Only kidding. :)

This was a fun cake. It required a lot of imagination on my part! Unfortunately I didn't have as much time to make this cake as I usually do for most others. The main drive for me at the end turned out to be that it looked decent and was structurally sound. It was all of those things. I just wish I had more time for creativity and adding all the details to this cake that I would have liked to have seen.

My client wanted a cake for her sister and brother-in-law. Her sister loves Starbucks. Her BIL loves mermaids. So here is where the concept came in! Overall, I think it's a pretty darn funny idea.

And here she is...sneaking up on the unsuspecting victim!


My favorite detail of this cake was the man. I like his slightly long hair. His shirt?? I should have made it back. I feel like he looks to be wearing a woman's blouse with a collar from the 1970s! I still loved him though.


I made large eyes on the mermaid. I should have made them the same size as the man's. Why does it matter? It doesn't. I am just picky!!! I didn't have enough room to give her eye lashes and do all the things that would have made her as a fondant character just stunning. So...this means I need to make another mermaid cake sometime!!!! She is still cute!!

I also like the detail of the wood on the pier....




The sides of the cakes were piped with blue circles. They could be bubbles. Although they remind me of barnacles. Either way, I like the effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment