Monday, January 9, 2012

Cars Cake


Let's talk Cars! As in Cars the movie...not just cars in general.

A friend asked me to make a cake featuring the Cars characters. Especially Mater. I mean, Mater is my favorite....of course he would be the favorite of this special birthday boy too!

I chose not to make a cake based completely on the Cars 2 movie setting in Asia because I think what is most lovable about Mater is his home and place in Radiator Springs. Although, I also wanted to pep the cake up a bit...it has to be exciting if you want to please a three-year-old boy! Hence the race track idea at the top of the cake.


The race track is fondant. The desert is made out of crumbled Hawaiian creme cookies. Yum yum. I can't believe I shared those actually. :D


I have to say, I am a detailed person and some of my favorite aspects of this cake are the signs and the clouds. I just love the clouds! Well okay, I really do like the entire cake.


Very simple, yet fun idea! And Lightening McQueen looks as cool as ever.


And yes, Francesco does too!


This was an incredibly fun and extremely simple cake to make!


And there you have it. Happy birthday to Tyler!

No comments:

Post a Comment