Friday, January 20, 2012

Valentine's Day Cupcakes


These cupcakes were just an experiment. I figured I should get on the Valentine's Day bandwagon as soon as possible. I was also dying to try a new flavor! I have been snowed in most of the week with my kids and my hubby. If I didn't bake something TODAY I was going to go stir crazy!

These are chocolate banana cupcakes. For some reason, I love banana bread, banana pancakes....most things banana. But banana cakes?? They make me hesitate. So today I wanted to play around with it. I think I added to this recipe by using dark chocolate cocoa and extra mashed banana. The cupcakes are extremely moist. They are flavorful, not too sweet or rich, and just delicious. The buttercream is a Swiss meringue buttercream with hints of cream cheese and caramel. Surprisingly light and a perfect fit for these cupcakes!

There is something just simply wonderful about sprinkles. I used to snub them, I will admit it. I have officially been converted to a sprinkles fan lately!

The larger pieces on the cupcakes are fondant, cut with heart cutters and finished with luster dust. These are an extremely easy and quick way to decorate some festive, pretty and yet very simple Valentine's Day treats.

Tomorrow I will post some cake photos from another simple Valentine's Day dessert I am finishing up. I hope this one will be a slightly unique and equally cute idea!


These cupcakes made my boys very, very happy. I'd say the chocolate banana might be one of their favorite flavors!

Mmmmm......yummy! It's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment