Monday, October 31, 2011

Cake for my Hubby...Sort Of....

Justin asked me if I could make a cake for his work, the Department of Justice was having a CFC cake raffle. Of course, I would never say no to that! What he initially wanted was a cake with a pumpkin patch much like the Halloween birthday cake I made. What I wanted was something he could easily carry into work without it all coming apart.

I am very particular about my cakes being delivered without my supervision. What can I say?! :)

I went for simple beauty....a ruffled cake (Wilton #104 tip) with piped dahlias (Wilton #81 tip). The flowers incorporated simple elegance in orange and red fall colors. The cake was finished with my favorite....gold disco dust!!





All for a good cause!! And the cake, I have been told, went to a very happy customer. Enjoy! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment