Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Birthday Cake

My favorite cake of the month was a Halloween birthday cake that I made for a friend's sister. This was a pumpkin spice cake, one of my favorite recipes. It was piped with a Wilton #104 tip in a ruffle pattern. The color is purple, a traditional Halloween color and also the birthday girl's favorite.
 

Most importantly, it was also an extremely cute design.

There was quite a bit of back and forth between my friend and I on the design ideas for this cake. As much as I like surprising people, it is even better when someone has an idea that they like and we can work together to fuse ideas and create something memorable. This cake was a lot of fun and completely adorable!

The main focus of the cake was Clawdius the Cat. Clawdius is the black cat that belongs to the birthday girl. Clawdius is a rambunctious cat...he's a "killer." Hence the reason Clawdius is stalking the adorable and unsuspecting mouse on the cake! Clearly my friend's family has a great sense of humor. Really....they are not twisted or sick individuals! ;)


Cute little Clawdius....


Adorable and unsuspecting mouse...


No one is out there to help the poor mouse because they're all at the birthday party!! (Just kidding.) :D


I am in love with this pumpkin patch...each pumpkin was a different color, shape and quite perfect. :)


This is a non-traditional Halloween and birthday cake and I am very happy with the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment