Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Cupcakes Part 2

I intended to produce some fabulous Halloween treats every weekend in the month of October as a personal project to myself. I amassed dozens of pages of thoughts and ideas and desires and plans.....and well, as a mom and a wife and a friend and a woman with a full-time job who also values her sleep, I would never have had the time to accomplish any of these projects no matter how hard I tried!!!! So clearly...the stacks of Halloween cake and cupcake dreams didn't come to fruition. I am not disappointed in the least about the new business and customers I have acquired, nor am I about all the other things that keep me busy in life. I was just disappointed that here we are, it is Halloween night, and I didn't have the time to produce the ONE, SOLE, ONLY, BEST IN THE WORLD Halloween cake of my dreams this month. Sigh....better luck next year. ;)

I did create some fun things this month, though.....mostly in cupcake form! One such project included these mini-cupcakes. Again, dark chocolate. The piping was nothing fancy (Wilton #8 and #21 tips).....but they were covered in some pretty cute fondant cut-outs. I debated about making 3-D cupcake characters. I debated about making more extravagant 2-D decorations. Then....after much more debating....I decided that simplicity was best.


Tasty, don't you think?





A little disco dust is also always a welcome companion on any dessert in my home. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment