Monday, August 1, 2011

Cupcake Bouquet

Now on to the cupcake bouquet! I've been dying to make one of these beauties! How can you resist? They are so elegant, beautiful and FUN! Cupcake bouquets are pretty popular these days, although most of the ones I've seen are set in flower pots and held together by lollipop sticks or toothpicks. Because I had to transport them to a place where I'd likely have little staging room I wanted to be able to set it up at home and have it stable enough to endure a car ride, and also because I wanted to use a vase and not a pot, I needed another alternative. An idea I found on http://www.mycakeschool.com/ was to use 2oz plastic cups to set the cupcakes in. Simple, inexpensive and pure genius! I used green papercups instead, but whatever is easiest for you would be just fine. I stapled the cups together in the shape that a bouquet might look, filled the crystal vase with some green basket grass, taped the cups to the vase for stablility, and hoped for the best (please note your vase/pot has to be weighted down so it doesn't tip over!). This particular bouquet contained 19 cupcakes.



Here it is in all its spendor!! I really have to say this is a very eye-catching idea and fun for kids and adults alike! It is topped with gumpaste daisies and fondant butterflies. The cupcakes are vanilla butter sponge cake with lemon curd filling and lemon SMB. I can't wait to make more of these!


This is what the bouquet set-up looked like.



 Pretty, yummy cupcakes!


4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful what size cup cakes ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have a problem with the weight of the cupcakes pulling the cups down? You think I could use got glue instead of tape?

    ReplyDelete