Saturday, August 27, 2011

Raspberry Vanilla Cupcakes






These cupcakes were made from the vanilla butter sponge cake recipe, and I added pureed raspberries to the batter. These turned out as well as I was hoping and they have a good raspberry vanilla flavor. The vanilla butter sponge cake recipe is flexible because it has so many flavors that come out of it naturally, so when you add other fruity elements to it you get a marvelously flavorful cake/cupcake! The one caution is that the batter for the sponge cake is so fragile that you have to be very careful when incorporating other elements to it, you really can't overmix this batter or it will flop! I used some of the chocolate mousse SMB recipe that I discussed in the Ruffles and Frills post for the icing on these cupcakes, and I topped them with a fresh raspberry. They were as delicious as they were pretty! I also finished these off with some gold disco dust.

1 comment:

  1. I am so utterly impressed with how talented you are chica! Wow is all I can say :) Charissey

    ReplyDelete